Thursday, November 4, 2010

Healthy Changes

Healthy Changes

Ok, I'll admit it. This Summer was far from easy, for a multitude of reasons. Before July, I had gotten into a pretty good rhythm of self care, or at least I was getting better at it. Once I injured my knee, it all got thrown out the window and I haven't gotten back into the swing of things. Getting back to taking care of me has been on my mind a lot lately and I've decided to do something about it.
In the next week I'm going to rejoin weight-watchers. I joined in 2006 for the first time and lost almost 25 lbs before getting pregnant. I am not a yo-yo fad dieter, I generally don't put garbage (ie fast food, fake sugars) in my body. I simply like food and don't move enough.
Which leads me to the next thing I'm going to do. Join the Y. There is a lovely YMCA 13 blocks away from my house that offers child care. I'm going to join. I love to be active. Swimming, biking, and yoga are all favorite pastimes now it's time to put this enjoyment to action. I was attending yoga 2-4 times a week pre-knee injury. I want to work that in at least once per week, as well.
Since I'm working on my health, it's also time to schedule an appointment for a physical. I am generally good about scheduling annual exams, but as far as regular physicals go, I don't remember the last time I had one. I'd like to get my iron and thyroid levels checked, as well as know what my cholesterol levels are. It's also time to find a new Doctor.
With this, I also want to continue with crafting. As much as I love crafting, I find it easy to put aside. Time to add it to the schedule as well.
I know I can do all of these things. Now that I've posted this for the world to see, it will be easier with follow through. Thank-you for reading.

3 comments:

DeAnna said...

we are going to join the Y in the next few weeks also. Perhaps we could work out together sometimes. We would go downtown or to the grubb

Jon Thompson said...

I'm in with the Y. Yay Sandy!

The Kluver Family said...

Sounds like a GREAT self-care plan! Keep us all posted!