Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Updates



We have been keeping pretty busy lately.  The annual St. Patty's day parade happened downtown.  Sydney had a lot of fun watching the parade, but I think she was most excited about all the beads she received.  All in all, I think she got 12 necklaces!  Jon took an extended lunch to join us at the parade and several friends joined us, as well.

We also attended the "green" confetti drop at the Science Center.  While it was fun, I think I had over 1000 pieces of confetti down my shirt.  Not too comfortable!

I've also had some much needed "me" time lately.  Saturday night, I attended a ladies night out at the bead shop.  It was so nice to use my creative side for a change. I haven't made too many pieces since Sydney has been born, so it was nice to make a few projects.

Sunday, Jon & I attended the Des Moines Art Center's talk about American Gothic.  I had no idea about the controversy that surrounded the painting.

My latest venture is trying belly dancing.  I attended my first class last night and had a blast.  I may not be the thinnest or have the most coordination of anyone in the class, but I'm certainly open to new experiences.  I look forward to going again next week!


No comments: